One of the contingencies for employment in the El Paso Independent School District is holding a valid Texas teaching certificate or receiving a permit. Permits may be granted to qualified candidates based on deficiency plans issued by accredited certification programs. Out-of-state certificates must be valid for conversion to a Texas certificate.
Termination of your employment with this school district could result from failure to remove a deficiency from your certificate permit or failing to pass the necessary ExCET or TExES exams prior to the expiration of such permit or of a probationary certificate.
You may call the State Board of Educator Certification at 1-888-863-5880 for complete information. You may also access the web site at http://www.sbec.state.tx.us.
Resource Links on Teacher Certification in Texas
- How to Become a Teacher in Texas
- Testing for Certification Information
- Certification Requirements Information
- Certificate Renewal Requirement Information
- Educator Standards and Test Frameworks
* Links will open in new window