EPISD Military Relations
6531 Boeing Dr.
El Paso, TX 79925
Main: (915) 230-2552
Fax: (915) 230-0200
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Summer School Info
- Ft. Bliss Visitors
- EPISD Military Compact
- Fort Bliss/EPISD
Go to Student and Parent Services for:
- Registration Information
Go to Guidance Services for:
- Home School Information
- Graduation Requirements
- Transcript Questions
- Counseling Services
Welcome to the El Paso Independent School District!
Located in El Paso at 6531 Boeing, EPISD, organized in 1883, is the largest district in the Texas Education Agency's Educational Service Center - Region19.
With more than 60,000 students and 90 campuses, EPISD also is the seventh largest district in Texas and the 57th largest district in the United States. It also is El Paso's largest employer with more than 9,000 employees and has an annual operating budget of $403 million.
The mission of the El Paso Independent School District is to meet the diverse needs of all students and empower them to become successful members of a global community
Highlights of EPISD and Ft. Bliss Relations
The EPISD educates over 6000 military connected students which is 10% of the total EPISD student population.
- Annually, EPISD Public Relations produces a publication "In Unison" with district information for military families.
- The EPISD supports the Military Family Liaison program where 17 military liaisons serve 12 Elementary Schools, 4 Middle Schools, and 4 High Schools.
- The EPISD fully funds, maintains and staffs 4 Elementary Schools (Bliss, Logan, Milam, Powell) and one High School (Chapin) on post.
- The EPISD was awarded $13.3 million in 2012 by the Dept. of Defense to rebuild Logan Elementary.
- The EPISD collaborates daily with the Ft. Bliss School Liaison Officers.
- The EPISD supports the Partner in Education program that links Ft. Bliss units with schools.
- The EPISD participates in the annual Ft. Bliss Education Fair at the Centennial.
- The EPISD sets aside a day of pre-registration for the families of new students to the districts.
- The EPISD and Ft. Bliss was awarded the General Pete Taylor Award for "Outstanding and sustained military and community partnership" in 2006.
- The EPISD Military Family Liaison program was named by MCEC as a "best practice".
- The EPISD has been awarded four Dept. of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA) grants that targets STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math) applications at elementary campuses.
Fort Bliss Support Services
- Ft. Bliss School Liaison Office (915-569-5064)
- Ft. Bliss Family and Morale, Welfare, & Recreation (MWR)
- Better Opportunities for Single Parents (BOSP)
- Fort Bliss, Home of the First Armored Division
College and Career Readiness Links
- Dual Credit Information
- EPISD Magnet Schools
- Center for Career and Technology Education
- Profile of an EPISD Graduate
- Princeton Review
- University of Texas at El Paso
- El Paso Community College
- College for all Texans
- Texas Cares
- College, Scholarships, Financial Aid, and Career Links
- tutor.com -- free tutoring through DoD
- military.tutor.com -- Free tutoring for all military kids
- Military Family Liaison
- Focus on Children & Families (FCF) -- elementary intervention/prevention
- Army Substance Abuse Program -- drug awareness program
- Military Child Education Coalition
- Family Advocacy Program