Fort Bliss/El Paso ISD Collaborative Committee
- Ms. Diane Dye, Board Trustee
- Mr. Chuck Taylor, Board Trustee
- Mr. Juan Cabrera, EPISD, Superintendent
- COL Paul N. Garcia, Military Representative to the Committee
- Dr. Carla Gonzales, EPISD, Area Superintendent
- Mr. Tom Thomas, Civilian Aide to the Secretary of the Army (West Texas)
- Deborah Trexler, Director, Youth Education Ft. Bliss, Military Representative to the Committee
The purpose of this committee is to improve the relationship between Fort Bliss and the El Paso Independent School District in order to better serve military families.
- Establish Initiatives
- Build Collaboration
- Improve Communication
- Ensure Transparency
- Meet quarterly with Principals to discuss deployment cycles, trends, and relevant issues.
- Military culture training infused into teacher in-service days.
- Invite senior spouses and PIE Commanders to campuses.
- System which allows for transparency and feedback to address concerns.
- Utilization of resources, e.g. School Liaison Office, Parent to Parent, Military Family Life Consultants, and Army Community Services for parent, student, and staff enrichment classes.
- Partners in Education