Dear MacArthur Parents,
Our teachers have done a wonderful job teaching our students and our students have worked hard all year. We are very proud of everyone’s efforts. As we wrap up this successful school year, we are planning for the next year. A parent and teacher survey was sent last month and based on the feedback we received and with the approval from the Campus Improvement Team, we have made changes to MacArthur’s Uniform Policy. It is as follows:
- Students can wear khaki, black, blue, or grey slacks and jeans. Slacks and jeans cannot have any tears or holes in them even if they have fabric behind them. The jeans should be school appropriate.
- Shorts and skirts are allowed, but must be an appropriate length (below the finger-tips).
- Leggings underneath skirts must be a solid black color.
- 6th grade students will continue to wear black polo shirts.
- All elementary, 7th, and 8th graders will continue to wear white and red polo shirts.
- Jackets and hoodies worn inside the building must be a solid school color: red, white, grey or black.
- Jackets and hoodies worn inside the building cannot have any writing, patterns, images or logos other than the MacArthur logo.
- T-shirts or any type of shirt is not allowed to be worn over the polo shirt.
- Heavier jackets worn in the winter must be taken off once inside the building.
- Other dress code rules still pertain. (Please review the student handbook for a full list).
- No colored hair
- No facial piercings
- No gauges in the ear
Spirit Days are as follows:
Wednesday is College T-shirt Day. (The goal is to foster a discussion on college options among students and faculty.)
Friday is MacArthur Spirit Day. (The goal is to increase MacArthur Spirit among students and the faculty.) No other school t-shirts and sweatshirts are allowed.
Our goal in making the uniform change is to promote an atmosphere of learning where students are valued for their strengths and promote positive interactions among students while exhibiting pride in MacArthur. We would also like to ask for your help. Please donate polo shirts and pants that are in good shape and washed that your children no longer need. You can drop them off in the front office all summer. MacArthur will be closed the week of 4th of July.
Thank you for your support,
Rose Ann Martinez
Rose Ann Martinez
Principal, MacArthur Intermediate