Hello Franklin Cougars! There is a lot of important information in this post
Parents & Students,
Welcome Back to Another Great School Year!
A reminder that if you have not already completed the online registration for 2019-2020, please do that at www.episd.org. Also, very important...if you have not completed a Free & Reduced Lunch Application, please do that. This monetary funding makes a huge impact on our campus. The application is available on line, or you can call the campus and ask to speak with an assistant principal.
There is a lot of important information in this phone call, so please get pen and paper.
Counselors will be available the week of July 29.
All main campus counselors, A through Z, will be located on the main campus. If you are a New Tech or STEAM student, your counselor will be available at the magnet campus.
Registration times the week of July 29 are 8:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m., and 1:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. Gates close at 10:45 and 3:15.
All students should be able to see their schedule on Parent Portal, Student Portal, or CCRP, beginning the week of July 29th. Note that schedules are subject to change.
Please be advised that the only schedule changes that will be considered during the week of July 29 are as follows:
- The student has already received credit for a course they are scheduled for.
- The student wants to drop a sport or has a note from a coach to add a sport.
- The student is missing a required course.
- The student wants to change their endorsement.
- The student wants to drop or add a Pre-AP, AP, or OnRamps course. Please note that there has been a change in school policy in regards to Pre-AP, AP, and OnRamps drops. These drops will not be allowed once the 1st day of the semester has begun.
Students requesting any of these changes will be asked to complete a form. It is not necessary to see a counselor unless the student wants to.
No other schedule change requests will be reviewed before the 3rd day of school.
School policy does not allow for teacher requests. If a student has failed a course on a prior occasion, with a teacher on their current schedule, they may also request that change at this time. This change is based on grade verification, and placement is based on enrollment #'s and seating availability. No other teacher change requests will be considered at this time.
Thank you and have a great year!