2021-2022 Dress Code Policy
Please read the Student Handbook for all information.
- Students can wear khaki, black, blue, or grey slacks and jeans. Slacks and jeans cannot have any tears or holes in them even if they have fabric behind them. The jeans should be school appropriate without any designs.
- Shorts and skirts are allowed but must be an appropriate length (below the fingertips).
- Leggings underneath skirts must be a solid black color.
- Long socks must be a solid school color.
- 6th-grade students will wear black polo shirts.
- All elementary, 7th, and 8th graders will wear white or red polo shirts.
- Jackets and hoodies worn inside the building must be a solid school color: red, white, grey, or black.
- Jackets and hoodies worn inside the building cannot have any writing, patterns, images, or logos other than the MacArthur logo.
- T-shirts or any type of shirt are not allowed to be worn over the polo shirt.
- Heavier jackets worn in the winter must be taken off once inside the building. They can be placed in the classroom for elementary and in lockers for middle school students.
Other dress code rules still pertain. (Please review the student handbook for a full list).
- No colored hair
- No facial piercings
- No gauges in the ear
Spirit Days are as follows:
Wednesday is College T-shirt Day. (The goal is to foster a discussion on college options among students and faculty.) To Friday is MacArthur Spirit Day. MacArthur T-shirts and athletic uniforms are to be worn on Fridays for that week's games. We want to build MacArthur's spirit and pride.
Our goal in having and enforcing a uniform is to promote an atmosphere of learning where students are valued for their strengths and promote positive interactions among students while exhibiting pride in MacArthur. We would also like to ask for your help. Please donate polo shirts and pants that are in good shape and washed that your children no longer need.