Welcome to the 2017 EPISD Commencement Exercises page!We want to congratulate the EPISD Class of 2017. Our graduating seniors have worked hard to reach this milestone and it is our pleasure to be able to share with them the excitement of graduation. This page will give you, the friends of family of our graduates, all the information you need to enjoy the commencement exercises and celebrate your graduate. Please read it carefully and help us create the best environment to commemorate this special event.
Don Haskins Map
Click here for larger image
Graduation EtiquetteIt is an exciting time for our graduating seniors and we understand that friends and families wish to show their pride. Here are some Dos and Don'ts to help make everyone's experience at graduation memorable and pleasant.
- Do arrive early to find the best seat at the Don Haskins Center/Jones Stadium.
- Don't forget that traffic and parking can be an issue around UTEP and El Paso High. It's better to account for that in your commute time.
- Do cheer when your loved one walks across the stage to receive his/her diploma, BUT ...
- Don't cheer so loudly or for so long that the family and friends of the next graduate cannot hear the name of their loved one being called.
- Do show your pride with signs, but don't obstruct the view of those around you.
- Don't bring noisemakers, silly string, air horns, beach balls or any other item that can create a distraction from the ceremony
Graduation CoveragePhotos, video and stories about all EPISD graduations will be shared on all District digital platforms. Those include: