Superintendent Search Timeline
Wednesday, September 15
- Finalize search process including options for community input
- Finalize projected timeline
- Develop applicant profile
- Discuss background checking
Thursday, September 16
Post/advertise notice. Application opens.
Networking at TASB convention.
Trustee community listening session
Thursday, October 28
Application closes at 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday, November 2, 9:00 a.m.
Board reviews applications
- Select those to interview
- Discuss superintendent contract terms
- Finalize interview questions
- Discuss background check information
Monday, November 8, Tuesday, November 9 and Wednesday, November 10 if needed
Interview candidates (60 min sessions) Select applicants for second interviews
Monday, November 15
Tuesday, November 16 if needed
Follow-up Interviews (post to allow for deliberation and possible action to name Finalist)
Monday, December 6 or Tuesday, December 7
Vote to hire new Superintendent (at least 21 days after naming of Finalist)
Superintendent reports to District
*Dates are subject to change by the El Paso ISD Board of Trustees.