Thank you for your interest in becoming a substitute teacher with the El Paso Independent School District. We are always looking to add Substitute Teachers to our substitute pool. Those interested in joining our team are encouraged to complete our online Substitute Teacher application. The Human Resources Department will then screen, select, and retain qualified individuals who meet the needs of our education community. Applications are accepted and processed throughout the school year.
Through our online system, applicants can access and update an application electronically from any device with internet service.
How to become a substitute for El Paso ISD:
- Complete a Substitute Teacher online application (Minimum of a High School diploma/GED required)
- Interview with EPISD Human Resources Office or Principal Recommendation
- Complete FBI validated fingerprinting through TEA
- Submit required documents to Human Resources
- Complete online substitute training module
Please email your applicant ID number to Daisy Kozemchak, Substitute Coordinator at email@example.com once you have completed your application.