School Meal Information for School Year 2022-2023
Income eligibility requirements will resume in the 2022-2023 school year for non-CEP campuses. Free meals for all students will no longer be available at these campuses. Parents will be required to complete a meal application to qualify for free or reduced meal prices. Students who do not qualify will need to pay full-price for breakfast and lunch. Non-CEP campuses listed below:
Coronado High School Milam Elementary Franklin High School Polk Elementary Franklin Magnet Tippin Elementary Hornedo Middle Transmountain Early College HS Lundy Elementary Young Women's Academy
Establishing Carry Over Status for next school year (2022-2023)
In order to establish carry over status for the first 30 school days of 2022-2023, parents must complete a meal application now before June 2, 2022. The application is available here: https://www.episd.org/Page/12223. A new application will then need to be completed within those first 30 days (by September 13, 2022) to establish/continue status for the remainder of the school year. It may take up to 10 days to process the application.
Parents who received a notification letter stating a child is Directly Certified for free or reduced-price meals, do not need to complete an application. However, they must inform Food and Nutrition Services if any children in the household attending school are not listed in the letter.
The income information entered during online registration is not for meal benefits. That is separate and apart from school meals.
CEP Campuses do not need to submit meal applications
All students enrolled in CEP campuses will continue to receive breakfast and lunch at no cost for next school year. CEP campuses listed below:
Silva Health Magnet
El Paso High
Consolidated Campuses will continue as CEP campuses
- Bobbie Joe Hill (Terrace Hills/Collins)
- Charles Q Murphree (Morehead/Johnson)
- Captain Gabriel Navarrete (Bassett/Armendariz)
- Josephina Tinajero (Henderson/Clardy)
- If your student is going from a CEP school to a non-CEP school, he/she will automatically have 30 school days to submit a new application.
- If your student is going from a non-CEP to a CEP campus, you will not need to do anything. CEP campuses provide free breakfast and lunch to all students enrolled.
- When the new application is processed for the new school year (2022-2023), the new status will replace the carry-over status.