Scholarship Application 2020-21
EPISD Education Foundation partners with Going Merry to streamline application process
EPISD’s new partnership with the scholarship and financial aid platform Going Merry is great news for seniors applying for this year’s EPISD Education Foundation scholarships.
EPISD Education Foundation-sponsored scholarships including partner funds are now available and easily accessible by logging on to goingmerry.com. The new platform was introduced earlier in the school year to EPISD students giving them a streamlined website to apply for multiple scholarships.
“The partnership between EPISD and Going Merry is an exciting opportunity for both our students and counselors because it streamlines the process of applying for both national and local scholarships into one area,” said Richard Couder, college readiness coordinator. “The main benefit that Going Merry provides is that it allows counselors to keep track of what scholarships students have started and be able to provide the support and motivation that students may need to start and finish a scholarship application. Hopefully, this will lead to a greater number of our students earning more money for college.”
Students must first build a profile in Going Merry’s secure platform to access applications and get matched to eligible scholarships. The platform allows students to save documents and essays, to re-use across applications. It also includes an auto-fill feature that draws information from the student’s profile information, making it easier to fill out multiple applications. Information is not shared with other entities or organizations.
“Going Merry is a free, one-stop scholarships platform,” said CEO Charlie Maynard. “It matches you with scholarships and then helps you apply directly. It has both local and national scholarships and you can bulk-apply for multiple scholarships, which share similar essay prompts, using one application.”
The Rotary of El Paso Foundation’s Quinn Scholarship is another local scholarship currently offered on the platform.
Among the scholarships available on Go Merry in addition to the traditional $1,000 EPISD Education Foundation Scholarship, which is available to all EPISD seniors, are:
- Ann Yerby Memorial Scholarship for students who attended Hughey Elementary (Paso del Norte Community Foundation Scholarship) – $1,000
- Coach Lou Robustelli Memorial Scholarship for seniors graduating from Bowie or Burges high schools (Paso del Norte Community Foundation Scholarship) – $1,000
- Genevieve Gonzalez Scholarship for seniors who have an interest pursuing a career in foreign languages (Paso del Norte Community Foundation Scholarship) – $1,000
- Amalia Muro/Ross Alumni Association Scholarship for seniors who attended Ross Middle School – $1,000
- Council of PTA Scholarship for seniors who are current members of their campus PTAs – $500
The application for the Coach Archie Duran Memorial Scholarship also will be available on the platform later this spring.
The deadline to apply for all scholarships is March 31, 2021
For more information: email@example.com.