Our Law Enforcement program offers regular or dual credit classes.
Law Enforcement 2 - HT4L10S1W3 or HT4L1DS1W1 - It is a 1 Credit-Semester-long Course (Dual Credit).
- Law Enforcement II provides the knowledge and skills necessary to prepare for a career in law enforcement. Students will understand ethical and legal responsibilities, patrol procedures, first responder roles, telecommunications, emergency equipment operations, and courtroom testimony. and
Correctional Services - HT3L30S1W3 or HT3L3DS1W1 - 1 Credit - Semester-long Course (Dual Credit).
- In Correctional Services, students prepare for certification required for employment as a municipal, county, state, or federal correctional officer. Students will learn the role and responsibilities of a county or municipal correctional officer; discuss relevant rules, regulations, and laws of municipal, county, state, or federal facilities; and discuss defensive tactics, restraint techniques, and first aid procedures as used in the municipal, county, state, or federal correctional setting. Students will analyze rehabilitation and alternatives to institutionalization for inmates.
Prac Law PCS 1 - HT4L10Y2 or HT4L1DY2 - 1 Credit - Semester-long Course (Dual Credit).
- The practicum course is designed to give students supervised practical application of previously studied knowledge and skills in law, public safety, corrections, and security. Practicum experiences can occur in a variety of locations appropriate to the nature and level of experience. Students are encouraged to participate in extended learning experiences such as career and technical student organizations and other leadership or extracurricular organizations.
The Dual credit courses are:
- Introduction to Criminal Justice [CRIJ 1301]
- Correctional Services [CRIJ 2313]
- Court Systems & Practices [CRIJ 1306]
- Criminal Investigation [CRIJ 2314]