CREDIT BY EXAM
"Students in the District are able to receive course credit by successfully passing
examinations approved by the School Board. A student will be given credit for an academic subject in which he or she has had no prior instruction if he or she scores at least 80 percent... A student will be given credit for an academic subject in which he or she has had prior instruction if he or she scores at least 70 percent... If a student is given credit in a subject on the basis of an examination, the examination score is entered on the student's permanent record. This score is not averaged into the student's grade point average. An exam may be retaken only once. STAAR EOC assessments do not meet the criteria for Credit by Examination..."
- Subjects for which there is a corresponding EOC assessment cannot be given for original credit
- Those subjects tests can only be taken for credit recovery
- English I & II
- Algebra I
- US History
- CBE exams can ONLY be taken TWICE!
- If validation of credit only ONCE!
- Franklin counselors provide four opportunities for students to pass Credit by Exams during the school year. There is no charge for these exams and they are given during school time. Students can discuss the possibility of ordering an exam when needed with their counselors.
- Parents may order exams for credit directly from Texas Tech University. These
exams are purchased by the parent but must be administered at a campus or Central
The parent contacts the (counselor) to administer the exam... and ensure the exam score is recorded on the student transcript... and that a copy of the student’s CBE report is
filed in the student’s AAR/CUM folder." (EPISD policy)
- 4 TESTING WINDOWS PER YEAR
- REVIEW SHEETS AVAIALBLE AT THIS LINK: https://www.depts.ttu.edu/ttuisd/cbe_review_sheets.php
Franklin students may earn credit through courses offered by Texas Tech ISD. It is important that the student discuss the course he/she needs and the exam with his/her counselor.