Fire Fighter 1: HT2L2AY2W1 or HT2L2DY2W1 - 13029900 - 2 Credits - Year-long Course
- Firefighter 1 introduces students to firefighter safety and development. Students will analyze Texas Commission on Fire Protection rules and regulations, proper incident reporting and records, proper use of personal protective equipment, and the principles of fire safety.
Fire Fighter 2: HT3L2DY3 or HT3L2DY3 - 13008410 - 3 Credits - Year-Long Course
- Firefighter 2 is the second course in a series for students studying firefighter safety and development. Students will understand Texas Commission on Fire Protection rules and regulations, proper incident reporting and records, proper use of personal protective equipment, and the principles of fire safety. Students will demonstrate proper use of fire extinguishers, ground ladders, fire hoses, and water supply apparatus systems.
Disaster Response: TBD - N1303011 - 1 Credit - Year-Long Course
- Recommended prerequisite: Principles of Law, Public Safety, Corrections, and Security. Disaster Response includes basic training of students in disaster survival and rescue skills that would improve the ability of citizens to survive until responders or other assistance could arrive. Students will receive education, training, and volunteer service to make communities safer, stronger, and better prepared to respond to the threats of terrorism, crime, public health issues and disasters of all kinds.
This course offers an opportunity for Dual Credit or Articulated Credit in-conjunction with El Paso Community College (EPCC).
The Dual credit courses are:
- Firefighter Agility and Fitness Preparation [FIRS 1103]
- Fundamentals of Fire Protection [FIRT 1301]
- Firefighter Health and Safety [FIRT 1319]
- Public Education Programs [FIRT 1305]
- Prevention Codes/Inspection [FIRT 1307]
- Fire and Arson Investigation 1 [FIRT 1303]
Articulated courses allow a non Dual Credit student who earns an '85' or better to claim credit once they enroll at EPCC and file their degree plan in that specific field.
A student in this Program of Study may earn an industry-recognized certification.
Program Specific Certifications
- 911 Emergency Telecommunicator Certification (ETC) through the International Academies of Emergency Dispatch (IAED).
For more information please see your CTE Counselor.