Teacher Certification

  • One of the contingencies for employment in the El Paso Independent School District is holding a valid Texas teaching certificate.

    If you are not certified and would like to be, you can visit the Texas Education Agency (TEA) for information on obtaining a teaching certificate. 

    If you are fully certified in another state and would like to transfer your certificate to Texas, you can visit TEA for a review of credentials. Please allow TEA 1-2 months to complete this review.

    Contact TEA at 512-936-8400 for complete information on certification.


Contact Us

  • 1100 N. Stanton St.
    El Paso, TX 79902
    (915) 230-2005