Senate Bill 463
Students who were enrolled in EPISD as Freshmen before the 2011-12 school year and did not graduate because they did not complete one or more portions of the Texas Assessment of Knowledge and Skills (TAKS) may now be eligible to receive a high-school diploma.
During the 85th Legislative Session, Senate Bill 463 amended the requirements for the Individual Graduation Plan(IGC). As a result, former EPISD students who entered the ninth grade before the 2011-2012 school year may qualify for a diploma following the procedures established by the Commissioner of Education in Chapter 74 of the Texas Administrative Code.
To be eligible to participate in this program, former students must meet one of the following requirements
- Current members of the United States Armed Services can obtain a diploma with proof of their service and veterans of military service need only supply a copy of their DD214
- Successfully completed college-level coursework and earned college credit.
- Attained Industry-based certifications (Click here to review the list of 2017-18 Final List of Industry-Based Certifications)
- Met performance standard on an alternative assessment (Scroll down to view list of approved alternative exams)
- Current members of the United States Armed Services can obtain a diploma with proof of their service and veterans of military service need only supply a copy of their DD214.
- Perform satisfactorily on the applicable subject-area test of a state-approved high school equivalency exam (Scroll down to view the 3 State-approved HS Equivalency exams, study guides, and practice tests)
Former EPISD students may request a high-school diploma by completing an IGC Request form and submitting it to the District's Student and Parent Services department with any of the necessary documents if you are interested in pursuing this option to receive a diploma. A copy of the form may be found here.
You may email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to SPS at (915) 230-0080). Please be sure to include a cover sheet addressed to the High School Transcripts Coordinator.
Once we receive your information, a District Individual Graduation Committee (IGC) will be convened to review your packet. The IGC will meet monthly at an undetermined date and time. You will be informed of the committee’s decision in writing within ten days of the meeting. If your application is approved, your graduation date will be determined by when the request is received. For example, if we receive your request on September 28, 2018, we will add your name to the 2019 graduation program. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com with your questions or (915) 230-2081.
For a complete list of Industry Based Certifications that can be considered for participation in this program, click here.
To request a diploma under SB 463, fill out this form and contact EPISD's Student and Parent Services.