Students are expected to assist District staff in ensuring buses remain in good condition and that transportation is provided safely. When riding in District vehicles, students are held to behavioral standards established in this handbook and the Student Code of Conduct. Students must:
- Follow the driver's directions at all times.
- The bus driver may assign seats.
- Be courteous.
- No use of profanity.
- Do not eat or drink on the bus.
- Keep bus clean.
- Keep feet, books, instrument cases, and other objects out of the aisle.
- Do not deface the bus or its equipment.
- Do not put head, hands, arms, or legs out of the window, hold any objects out of the window, or throw objects within or out of the bus.
- Do not possess or use any form of tobacco on the bus.
- Observe all usual classroom rules.
- Be seated while the bus is in motion.
- Enter and leave the bus in an orderly manner at the designated stop.
- Wait for the driver's signal upon leaving the bus before crossing in front of the vehicle.
Failure to observe bus rules may result in bus riding privileges suspended in accordance with the Student Code of Conduct.