Free & Reduced Meal Program
Free and Reduced - Price Meal/Application Information
Applying for and receiving free and reduced meals is simple and confidential. We use family application forms, so only one form is needed for each family.
Apply online now using the links on the right side of this page. Also, paper applications for free and reduced price meals are available during registration and throughout the school year from the Cafeteria Manager, School Office, or Food and Nutrition Services Office.
If you have any questions regarding the free and reduced-price meal program, please contact the cafeteria manager at your child's school.
Households getting SNAP (formerly food stamps) or TANF:
- Applicants are to provide only their children´s names and case numbers, and an adult household member must sign the form.
All other households must provide total household income before taxes, social security, health benefits, and any other deductions listed by amount received, type of income and how often the income is received.
- You are to provide the names of all household members, the amount of income and frequency for each person and the source of that income or check the “No Income” box, if appropriate. An adult household member must sign the form and include his or her social security number or indicate that he or she has no social security number. This is certifying the information provided is correct. Household size and income criteria will be used to determine eligibility.
- For the purpose of determining household size, deployed service members are considered a part of the household. Families should include the names of the deployed service members on their application. Report only that portion of the deployed service member´s income made available to them or on their behalf to the family. Additionally, a housing allowance that is part of the Military Housing Privatization Initiative is not to be included as income.
- Households with children who are considered migrants, homeless, or runaway should contact the school counselor for more information.
- Households with foster children must include the child´s name, school ID#, and date of birth. An adult must sign the meal application. One application must be completed for each foster child.
Will information on my form be kept confidential?
We will use the information on your form to determine your child/childrens' eligibility for free or reduced-price meals.
Will the form be verified?
Eligibility may be checked at any time during the school year. School officials may ask you to send written proof that shows that your children should get free or reduced-price school meals.
Can I apply for free and reduced-price meals later?
You may apply for free and reduced-price meals at any time during the school year. If you are not eligible now but your economic situation changes during the school year (such as a decrease in household income, an increase in household size, unemployment, receive SNAP or TANF), you can complete another form either by paper or online at episd.org.
When do I need to complete an application?
Students enrolled in El Paso ISD during the last week of previous school year will use last year´s meal eligibility status. It will expire after the first 30 days of school, which is September 23, 2019. New students will be required to pay full price until an application for free and reduced- priced meals has been received and approved. Parents must provide their child(ren) with money to pay for their child(ren)´s meals at the regular listed price or, parents can send a lunch from home for their child(ren). The approval process takes up to 10 days to complete.
Any student who has not received a letter with benefit information related to Direct Certification or submitted a new meal application that has not been approved by the expiration date by the Food and Nutrition Services Department, will be required to pay full price for all meals until a new Free and Reduced-Price Meal Application is received and approved.
All applications are reviewed and processed by the Food and Nutrition Services Department. An application must contain complete eligibility information or it will be delayed and further information will be requested from you. Once the application is approved, a notification letter is sent to the family. You may also contact the cafeteria manager. Please note applications may take up to 10 business days to process. The approval for meal benefits is good for an entire school year; e.g. a status of free, reduced-price, or denied (full payment required). If you have any questions regarding the Free and Reduced-Price Meal Application or the school food program, please contact Determining Official, Elizabeth Triolo, at 915-230-2162 email@example.com.
If you do not agree with the final decision made on the eligibility status of your meal benefit application, you have the right to appeal. To appeal, you must contact , Laura Duran, Food and Nutrition Services Director, at 915-230-2160 or 6531 Boeing Drive, El Paso, TX 79925.