Fort Bliss Committee
In 2014, EPISD and Fort Bliss established a Military Committee which meets quarterly to improve communication between Fort Bliss and EPISD. Open to the public, this collaborative town hall forum is designed to better serve military families.
- Diane Dye, EPISD Board Trustee
- Chuck Taylor, EPISD Board Trustee
- Juan Cabrera, EPISD Superintendent of Schools
- COL Paul N. Garcia, Military Representative to the Committee
- Dr. Carla Gonzales, EPISD Area Superintendent
- Tom Thomas, Civilian Aide to the Secretary of the Army (West Texas)
- Dr. Deborah Trexler, Director of Fort Bliss Youth Education Services
- Alan Wiernicki, EPISD Chief Quality Officer
The purpose of this committee is to improve the relationship between Fort Bliss and the El Paso Independent School District in order to better serve military families.
- Establish Initiatives
- Build Collaboration
- Improve Communication
- Ensure Transparency