Parents Guide to iPads
Your family has been lent an iPad to help your child (or children) continue learning at home while school district facilities are closed. Use this guide to help your child get their iPad connected to the internet. (Please note that you need to have a working internet connection.)
Connecting iPADS to a Network
Connect iPad to a Wi-Fi network
- Go to Settings > Wi-Fi, then turn on Wi-Fi.
- Tap the following: A network: Enter the password, if required.
If appears at the top of the screen, iPad is connected to a Wi-Fi network. To verify this, open a browser to a webpage. iPad reconnects when you return to the same location so you won’t have to do this every time.
Please charge the iPad every night so it is ready to go each day. If you have issues, with your iPad call the EPISD Helpdesk at 915-230-2601.
The district has a limited number of internet hotspots available to families without home connection. Please contact the EPISD Helpdesk email@example.com for more information.
Using Schoology: A Quick Start Guide
EPISD is using Schoology as the online “Classroom” for all students. You may check on your child’s progress, contact the teacher, and see assignments all within Schoology. Check with your child’s teacher to get your child’s Schoology access code. If you have more than one child in EPISD, you only need to enter one code to see all of your children’s classes.
Setting up a Parent Account in Schoology
- You can download the Schoology App from the iOS or Android app stores. You will need to create a Schoology Account. Here is how you do that:
Go to www.schoology.com.
- Click Sign Up at the top of the page and and choose Parent.
- Enter your Parent Access Code. This is a 12-digit code in xxxx-xxxx-xxxx format that you receive from one of your child's instructors.
- Fill out the form with your information.
- Click Register to complete.