Military Family Liaisons (MLFs)
EPISD employs Military Family Liaisons at our schools with the highest numbers of military connected students. Their primary duties include:
- Serving as the point of contact and working collaboratively between military-connected students and their families and the campus;
- Maintaining familiarity with enrollment processes, records transfer, existing community resources, and student supports;
- Ensuring military-connected students are identified and properly coded through the Texas Student Data System Public Education Information Management System (TSDS PEIMS);
- Determining campus-based supports and services available to military-connected students based on their unique needs, including their high mobility;
- Assisting in coordinating campus-based programs relevant to military-connected students
- Attending professional development or training annually to learn and understand topics related to the transition of military-connected students and their families.