- Secure either Block Leave Orders or a letter from your Commanding Officer stating the dates of the Reintegration Block Leave.
- Plan your request according to leave dates provided.
- Acquire Military Block Leave Request Packet from your school.
- If you have more than one student at a campus or at different campuses, complete pages 2 and 3 of this packet for each student.
- Request a Attendance History Report for your student(s) from the school(s).
- Review (request as needed) Grades and Progress Reports for your student. If your student is failing or in danger of failing classes, extended absences are not recommended.
- Submit Reintegration Block Leave Request to the school no later than ten (10) school days before the first day of requested leave to ensure timely processing.
- Attach a copy of leave orders or letter from commanding officer to this packet when submitting packet to the campus.
- Schedule a meeting with your principal or designee to discuss the request, the potential impact upon your child, and to develop plans for class credit and make up work.
- Read the entire packet for a clear understanding of the rules and how your student(s) could be impacted.
- Ensure you receive a copy of the completed packet from the campus.
- Contact the school upon return to schedule a meeting with the school principal or designee and/or the teacher to discuss make up work and class credit procedures.
- Ensure that your student has completed all make up work and plans (see attached form) established by the school to secure class credit.
- Monitor your child closely for academic performance. Seek assistance from the school at the first sign of academic or other difficulty.