Message from the Principal
Hello Newman Parents!
Our theme for this school year is “Kids under Construction”. On Monday, August 1st, we will welcome our Cowboys back to school. I know your students are excited to begin another year and we are ready for them to return. I am aware that many of you have concerns about the safe return of your students to the building. Please be assured that our district has placed specific safety systems in place to ensure the safety of our teacher and staff. Here are some important reminders, as we get ready to start our new year:
- All students are required to be in uniform with the school logo on all shirts.
- Students are not allowed in the building until 7:45 a.m.
- Please do not leave students unattended until the doors open. All students must use the front entrance. Do not allow students to enter the campus by the multipurpose building (gym).
- Please make sure you are entering and exiting the parking lot in the correct direction.
- You are required to show an ID anytime you visit our campus.
- Please make sure you provide the names of any other family or friends who will pick up your child during the day on the campus emergency contact card.
- Students in grades PK-2 will be released at the cafeteria exit.
- Students in grades 3-5 will be released from the gym. If you have older children who will be picking up siblings, they will need to report to the cafeteria instead of the gym.
- Please make sure students are picked up by no later than 3:40pm. Any student not picked up at that time will be brought to the front office. You will be required to come inside and sign them out.
- Students must be in uniform for this year. School shirts must have the school logo. If you are still in the process of getting logo shirts, there will be a grace period of two weeks for students to get their shirts ready. Please have students wear solid navy blue or red shirts until they get the logo shirts.
Thank you for visiting us on Friday for Open House. Parents will be allowed to walk students to classrooms on the first day of school. Please remember that students who are on the roster may not be registered for school. You will need to verify registration before proceeding to the classrooms. All parents are going to report to the cafeteria on Monday before escorting your child to class in order to verify registration.
Thank you for allowing us to serve your child at Newman. We are looking forward to an exciting school year. If you have any questions, please contact the school at 915-236-5825.
Pauletta Howard M.Ed.
Principal - Newman Elementary
"Building our Future one child at a time"
Erica Valverde - Discipline
Title lX Coordinator
Main Line: 915-236-5825
Guidance Counselor: 915-236-5825 Ext. 2501
Student Records: firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Records Fax: 915-759-8306
Cafeteria Number: 915-236-5899
Fax Number: 915-759-8306