History of School

  • Henderson is named after James Pinckney Henderson, a senator from Texas and the first Governor for the state of Texas.  Henderson took office on February 19, 1846.  When the Mexican-American War broke out in April of that year, Henderson took a leave of absence as Governor to command a troop of Texas Rangers.  He served with the rank of Major General under Zachary Taylor.  He returned home to resume his duties as Governor, but did not run for a second term.  He later served in the United States Senate from November 9, 1857 until his death on June 4, 1858.  James Pickney Henderson's legacy is that Henderson County was established in 1846, and the city of Henderson, founded in 1843 in Rusk County are named in his honor as well as Henderson Middle School.

  • Administration

    Principal
    Jason Yturralde

    Assistant Principal
    Deanna Bague

    Important Numbers
    Main Line (Reception) 915-236-0700
    Registrar Office 915-236-0713
    Nurse 915-236-0711

Campus
  • Henderson Middle School


  • School Info

    Address

    5505 Robert Alva Ave. 

    Grades

    6th - 8th Grades

    Mascot

    Hornets

    School Colors

    Navy Blue & Orange