Parent Portal Instructions
- Quick How-To PDF
- Click here to register and to learn about the portal. (A must for first time users!)
- Click here after registration & activation to go directly to the portal.
The EPISD parent portal provides parents with online access to information on their EPISD-enrolled students in near real time. Parents will be able to view their child's attendance, classroom assignments, and grades; additional information will be added to the portal over time. Parents will also be able to contact teachers directly by e-mail.
How do parents register?
- Learn how to register (highly recommended for 1st time users!)
- Go directly to the portal registration
- Enter your first and last names
- Enter your student's ID number
- Create an ID using an active and complete e-mail address (e.g., email@example.com).
- Create a password as well as verification questions and answers for forgotten passwords
The final registration step is to visit your student's campus with a government-issued picture ID (e.g., driver's license) for in-person verification. Only one visit is necessary to activate the portal for all your EPISD-enrolled students. Each campus is designating one or more people to activate registrations -- check with the campus administrative office to find out who that person(s) is.
What does this mean for parents?
The parent portal provides specific information on student assignments, class participation, quizzes, tests, and overall academic progress. Parents will be very informed about the academic activities of their children, and thus be able to be more involved as a result. The portal also facilitates better communication with teachers, and could well change the frequency and dynamics of parent -- teacher conferences over time. Teacher e-mail addresses will soon be provided within the portal and parents are encouraged to use this communication tool, of course maintaining a professional level of dialogue.
Who do parents call with questions?
Click here for phone numbers for each campus. Many campuses are also offering PC access for those parents who need it.