What we do
New Student Information
EPISD professional school counselors are certified/licensed educators trained in school counseling with unique qualifications to address all students’ academic, personal/social and career development needs. School counselors implement school counseling programs that promote and enhance student achievement. They provide direct services to students to help them manage academic and social needs and to support efforts of teachers and parents in promoting self-confidence, academic readiness, social and interpersonal sensitivity and skills, and awareness of academic and future career opportunities.
Counselors are student advocates. They can help to:
- resolve scheduling conflicts or problems
- review transcript information
- make the correct subject choices
- assist in creating stronger teacher-student relationships
- listen to your personal concerns or problems
- provide college information
- guide students to available college scholarships and financial aid
- provide career choice opportunities
- give information about community resources to address concerns
Students and their parents are encouraged to talk with their school counselor about school-related issues, academic concerns, course offerings, school programs, testing requirements, graduation requirements, graduation plans, and the guidance curriculum.
Dr. Emily Stuessy
1100 N. Stanton St.
El Paso, TX 79902