What does this diploma program offer?
- Up to 24 possible college credit hours
- Better percentage of acceptance to Universities in United States and around the globe
- Scholarship monies from many universities around the country.
What does the program require?
The program is open to any student willing to take the challenging and rigorous courses offered in the program.
A two (2) year commitment in the junior and senior high school years.
Students need to take the following candidate diploma classes:
- English Language and Literature; Math; History; Science; Foreign Language; and a program offered fine arts elective: such as; Visual arts, dance, or music.
- Students must have 3 HL courses and 3 SL courses for the diploma program
- Students must also write a 4,000-word essay; participate in the Theory of Knowledge (ToK) class, and participate in the Creativity, Activity, and Service (CAS) project.
- Pass the tests for each subject at the end of the senior year.
What do I need to do to become a part of the IB diploma Program?
Fill out the admission packet, get a teacher recommendation (in the packet), and turn in the materials to Dr. Phillips or Mrs. Acosta.
It is highly recommended that students take as many advanced courses as possible before entering the program.
What do I need to do to prepare for the program in my sophomore year?
- Make sure that you have taken:
- Technology credit
- Speech/Comm apps credit
- Enroll in a fine arts
- Continue your foreign language
- Make sure you have completed Algebra 1 and Geometry
During the school year, we interview students who are considering becoming a part of this very prestigious program. If you are interested please contact Dr. Phillips or Mrs. Acosta to set up an interview.
We hope to offer a four day summer IB Foundations in the mornings from 8-12 in June to help transitioning 10th grade students into the IB program.
English Language and Literature (HL); Spanish (HL); French (SL); History of the Americas (HL); Environmental Sys & Soc (SL); Biology (HL); Physics (SL); Chemistry (SL)
Math Studies (SL); Mathematics (SL); Music (SL); Visual Arts(SL); Dance (SL); Business Management (sl); ITGS; Theory of Knowledge (ToK); CAS (not a class but required for the IB diploma)