Dress Code Policy
Please read the Student Handbook for all information.
- Students can wear khaki, black, blue, or grey slacks and jeans. Slacks and jeans cannot have any tears or holes in them even if they have fabric behind them. The jeans should be school appropriate.
- Shorts and skirts are allowed, but must be an appropriate length (below the finger-tips).
- Leggings underneath skirts must be a solid black color.
- 6th grade students will continue to wear black polo shirts.
- All elementary, 7th, and 8th graders will continue to wear white and red polo shirts.
- Jackets and hoodies worn during school hours must be a solid school color: red, white, grey or black.
- Jackets and hoodies worn during school hours cannot have any writing, patterns, images or logos other than the MacArthur logo.
- T-shirts or any type of shirt is not allowed to be worn over the polo shirt.
- Heavier jackets worn in the winter must be taken off during school hours.
- Other dress code rules still pertain. (Please review the student handbook for a full list).
- No colored hair
- No facial piercings
- No gauges in the ear
Spirit Days are as follows:
Wednesday is College T-shirt Day. (The goal is to foster a discussion on college options among students and faculty.)
Friday is MacArthur Spirit Day. (The goal is to increase MacArthur Spirit among students and the faculty.) No other school t-shirts and sweatshirts are allowed.
Our goal in making the uniform change is to promote an atmosphere of learning where students are valued for their strengths and promote positive interactions among students while exhibiting pride in MacArthur. We would also like to ask for your help. Please donate polo shirts and pants that are in good shape and washed that your children no longer need. You can drop them off in the front office all summer.
Thank you for your support,
Rose Ann Martinez
Principal, MacArthur Intermediate