TARDY POLICY AND MORE
"Wolverines take pride in being punctual. We recommend that students arrive to campus before 7:30 AM. Students who arrive when the 7:45 AM bell rings may be issued after school detention for the following day from 3:00-3:30 PM in the cafeteria. If an individual misses detention, he or she will be assigned Friday School from 3:00-4:30 PM in the cafeteria.
Students are expected to be on time for every class throughout the school day. At times, Wiggs will be conducting practice tardy sweeps for various class periods. Students may be issued after school detention for the following day from 3:00-3:30 PM in the cafeteria. If an individual misses detention, he or she will be assigned Friday School from 3:00-4:30 PM in the cafeteria. Thank you for helping us to encourage punctuality as a way of optimizing instructional time.
To promote college and career readiness, Wiggs Middle School allows all students to wear university shirts each Wednesday with uniform pants. High School shirts are not permissible. On Fridays only, each student is allowed to wear a spirit shirt to foster Wolverine PRIDE. On Fridays, eighth graders can wear loose fitting jeans that are in good condition. Seventh and sixth graders are expected to wear uniform bottoms."
"Wolverines take pride in being punctual and coming to school every day. The first bell rings at 7:40 AM, and students are expected to be in class by 7:45 AM. We recommend that all students be on campus before 7:30 AM. Students are more likely to be successful when they attend school every day. Thank you for helping us to ensure that your student is on time to class, and ready to start each day in a positive way."
Attendance Procedures for Parents
- Parents please remember that attendance is very important and students that attend school each day are more likely to success in their academics. Please make sure that students arrive on time by 7:30
- First bell rings at 7:40, tardy bell at 7:45. After school, detention will be issued out to students who arrive late. Detention will be served the next school day.
- Detention is held daily from 3:00-3:30 pm in the school cafeteria. If a student fails to attend detention, they will be assigned Friday School, which is from 3:00-4:30 in the school cafeteria.
- If your son/daughter will not be attending school do not forget to call the attendance to report the absent at 915-236-3601 or email at email@example.com. Please leave a brief message with Students Name, ID #, reason for absent and a phone number
- When picking up a student early throughout the day for any reason, do not forget to always stop by the attendance office. You will need to present a current photo ID and be on the students pick up information.
- Any absences that need to be corrected there will be a 5 school day period to correct with the Attendance Clerk.
- For the safety of the student, we will not allow a pick up arrangement through a phone call or a handwritten letter. If throughout the year you need to update the pick list, please stop by the attendance office.
- Attendance is very important here at Wiggs! When a student has accumulated a high number of tardies and abscenses that is when an Attendance Intervention is conducted with our AP Mrs. Wright and our Student Outreach Specialist Mrs. Escareno. Student will be placed on an Attendance Success Plan