Scholarship Application 2018-19
Founded in 1994, the EPISD Education Foundation has awarded thousands of dollars to high-school seniors in the El Paso Independent School District. All scholarships are restricted to furthering the student’s education including tuition, books, housing, and other related expenses, all at the discretion of the EPISD Education Foundation Board of Directors. All scholarships are awarded on a one-time basis and made without regard to race, creed, color, sex, religion or national origin. Students who apply for and receive the EPISD Education Foundation STAR Scholarship will not be eligible to receive this scholarship. The EPISD Education Foundation STAR Scholarship allows students to receive matching scholarship funds. To apply go to https://www.starsscholarship.org. The deadline to apply for both the Foundation's STAR Scholarship and the traditional scholarship is March 29.
Rules and Requirements
To be eligible for an EPISD Education Foundation Scholarship, a student must:
- Have been enrolled the final two years of his/her education at an EPISD high school.
- Meet all graduation requirements as specified by EPISD policy and set forth by the State of Texas by June of their graduation year (i.e. credits, EOC, etc.).
- Have been accepted for enrollment by an accredited college or university.
- Must be enrolled for a minimum of 12 hours the first semester.
- Scholarships cannot be deferred.
- Approved scholarships will be awarded a maximum of $1,000 per student.
- Scholarships will be payable to the college or university after proof of registration is provided.
Required submissions (emailed to email@example.com)
- Complete application packet.
- Email two letters of recommendation. Dated and signed one-page letter of recommendation from a person in authority, such as high school administrators, faculty, staff, community members, employer or civic leaders who are familiar with your abilities, work habits, integrity and potential. Letters may not be from family members. Recommendation letters will be awarded up to 10 points out of possible score of 100.
- Email unofficial high school transcript as of January 2019.
- Unofficial transcript and letters of recommendation must be sent in ONE email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If possible, please combine all three documents into one pdf and title it with your last name, first initial dot campus. (example: if your name is John Doe and you attend Burges, you should title it doej.burges). If not, please submit as doej.burges.transcript and doej.burges.letter1 and doej.burges.letter2.