EPISD Council of PTAs Scholarship Application 2019-2020
EPISD Council of PTAs is offering five (5) $500 scholarships to be awarded to one graduating high school senior from Coronado, El Paso, Franklin, Transmountain Early College and Burges high schools who will be enrolled full-time in an accredited college or university or a technical institute in the summer or fall semester immediately following applicant’s high school graduation. All funds for the scholarships are provided by EPISD Council of PTAS and through the EPISD Education Foundation.
Through our scholarship program, EPISD Council of PTAs works to support students who are focused on achieving career goals through higher education. In evaluating each application, service and participation in school activities, community involvement and scholastic merit will be considered. All scholarships are restricted to furthering the student’s education including tuition, books, housing, and other related expenses, all at the discretion of the EPISD Council of PTAs. All scholarships are awarded on a one-time basis and made without regard to race, creed, color, sex, religion, or national origin. The deadline to apply is May 15, 2020 at 5 p.m. (MST).
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior from an EPISD high school.
- Applicant must meet all graduation requirements as specified by EPISD policy and set forth by the State of Texas by June of their graduation year (i.e. credits, EOC, etc.)
- Applicant must be enrolled in a high school with a Local PTA/PTSA that has achieved Active Status by May 8, 2020.
- Applicant must have been accepted for enrollment by an accredited college, university, or technical institute .
- Applicant must be a current member* of the PTA/PTSA at their enrolled campus prior to the scholarship application deadline of May 15, 2020.
- Applicant must plan to be enrolled full-time in an accredited college, university or a technical institute in the summer or fall semester immediately following high school
- A completed application must be received by May 15, 2020 at 5 p.m. (MST).
- Approved scholarships will be awarded a maximum of $500 per student per school listed above.
- Scholarships will be payable to the college or university after proof of registration is provided.
SELECTION AND DISBURSEMENT
Applications will be reviewed in multiple rounds, depending on number of applications received. Finalists may be asked for additional information. Results will be posted on the EPISD Council of PTAs website no later than May 20, 2020. All applicants will receive an email notification when the results have been posted. Awardees will receive further instruction for submitting documentation for disbursement of funds. Disbursements will be made directly to the applicant’s institution of enrollment. Failure to meet the deadline will result in forfeiture of scholarship.
All entries submitted to EPISD Council of PTAs become the property of EPISD Council of PTAs and will be retained digitally for seven (7) years. Decisions of the Committee are final.
Prior to beginning the application, make sure you have the following information: Your PTA President’s name and email address, your Principal’s name and email address, and your Counselor’s name and email address. Also, have essays ready to cut and paste into the form.
- Explain how your intended area of study will help you make a positive impact on your community and society. (300-600 words maximum)( 0-25 points)
- What have you done over the past four years to benefit your high school and community ? (150-300 words) (0-25 points)
- Describe the role PTA has played in supporting and enriching your K-12 education.
(150-300 words) (0-25 points)