Superintendent Search 2021
Located in El Paso, Texas, the El Paso Independent School District is the largest district in the Texas Education Agency's Educational Service Center - Region 19. With 50,688 students in 85 campuses, is also the 17th largest district in Texas and the 52nd largest district in the United States. Additionally, it is also El Paso's largest employer with nearly 8,000 employees and has an annual operating budget of $512 million. Organized in 1883, El Paso ISD is not only a large district, but also one rich in history. In 2008, El Paso ISD celebrated its 125th anniversary.
Vision The El Paso Independent School District will be a premier educational institution, source of pride and innovation, and the cornerstone of emerging economic opportunities producing a twenty-first century workforce.
Mission The El Paso Independent School District graduates every student prepared for higher learning and careers to empower them as knowledgeable and engaged citizens, innovators, and drivers of a robust, bicultural economy.
Thank you for your interest in the Superintendent position at the El Paso Independent School District. We have compiled a list of qualifications for our next Superintendent and the application is now available. Please be advised that all applications and supporting documents must be received by Thursday, October 28, 2021 @ 5:00 p.m. (MST).
Qualifications and Requirements
- Superintendent certificate required
- Residency in District will be required
- Campus principal experience required Doctorate preferred
- Superintendent experience preferred
- Bilingual preferred
- Please e-mail email@example.com or call Valerie Durocher Herbert at (210) 979-6633 for an application packet
- For additional information, please contact the Education Consultant, Dr. Ann Dixon at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at (210) 724-2151.
*Please do not contact Board Members directly.