Road to P-Tech
This document (link below) is a companion to the P-TECH/ICIA Blueprint and intended to be used in conjunction with the Blueprint. It maps out a timeline and describes critical elements to have in place prior to a P-TECH/ICIA campus opening. It provides districts and IHE partners a progression of activities to develop plans to implement Blueprint design elements, produce Blueprint products and the meet provisional OBM targets for their inaugural 9th grade student cohort. Districts and IHE partners are expected to complete each of the activities with support from their TEA selected technical assistance provider.
Through the 12-month planning process, district and IHE partners will:
• Establish strategies to meet the Blueprint design elements, products, and provisional OBM targets
• Develop a strong partnership between the district and college credit provider
• Build a MOU that meets the needs of both the campus/district and the IHE
• Determine long-term funding • Build a leadership team for student success
• Establish a course of study crosswalk which enables a student to combine high school courses and college-level courses to earn either an associate degree or at least 60 semester credit hours toward a bachelor’s degree
• Develop high-quality college and career pathways that ensure students attain postsecondary credentials with value in the labor market and launch rewarding careers.
For additional information, click on the link below: