EPISD Transportation is here to ensure safe transportation of students and staff.
Experience & Pay Rate
- No experience necessary
- Current/Starting Pay Rate – $20/hr
- $2,000 Sign-On Bonus*
*More details will be provided by the Transportation department.
School Bus Driver Requirements
- Valid Commercial Driver's License with passenger and school bus endorsements
- Obtain school bus driver certificate
- Ability to pass DOT drug and alcohol test
- Ability to pass annual physical
- Acceptable driving record, as required by the Texas Department of Public Safety
- Ability to speak, read and write English
- Must pass background check
- Must be able to communicate effectively
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions
- Knowledge of student discipline procedure and manage student behavior
- Ability to operate school bus
Typical Work Schedule
- Morning – 6:00 AM – 9:00 AM
- Afternoon – 2:30 PM – 5:30 PM
- Midday – 10:30 AM – 12:30 PM (Midday routes are scheduled as needed)
- Work hours can be extended according to needs of department
Additional Work Hours Available
Field trips / Extracurricular activities
- Monday – Friday 8:30 AM – 1:30 PM
- Monday – Friday 4:30 PM – 10:00 PM
- Saturdays and/or Sundays
Interested individuals please contact the Transportation Department at 915-230-2515 to schedule an appointment or complete an online application HERE.
1905 Delta Dr.
El Paso, TX 79905