EPISD Transportation is here to ensure safe transportation of students and staff.
Experience & Pay Rate
- No experience necessary
- Current/Starting Pay Rate $13.93/h
- Training, Licensing & other Costs*
- Training - $200
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)- $65
- Finger Prints- $45
- Physical- $65
*EPISD will reimburse the above costs after 1 year of service!
School Bus Driver Requirements
- Valid Commercial Driver’s License with passenger and school bus endorsements
- Obtain school bus driver certificate
- Ability to pass DOT drug and alcohol test
- Ability to pass annual physical
- Acceptable driving record: as required by the Texas Department of Public Safety
- Ability to speak, read and write English
- Must pass background check
Typical Work Schedule
- Morning- 6:00 AM to 9:00 AM
- Afternoon - 2:30 PM to 5:00 PM
- Midday - 10:30 AM to 12:30 PM (Midday routes are scheduled as needed)
- Work hours can be extended according to need of department.
Optional Work Hours include
- Fieldtrip Monday-Friday from 8:30am-1:30 PM
- Extracurricular Activities
- Monday- Friday 4:30 PM to 10:00 PM
- Saturday- Sunday on an as needed basis
Interested individuals please contact the Transportation Department. Talk to Rosa Ornelas at (915) 230-2515 to schedule an appointment.
Education / Certification:
- Valid Commercial driver's license/passenger and school endorsements preferred
- Obtain Region 19 School Bus driver Certification
Special Knowledge Required:
- Must be able to speak, read, and write English
- Must be able to communicate effectively
- Must be able to pass alcohol and drug test and annual physical
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions
- Knowledge of student discipline procedure and manage student behavior
- Ability to operate school bus
6531 Boeing Dr.
El Paso, TX 79925