El Paso ISD schools offer holiday-giving opportunities
(EL PASO INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT – Dec. 6, 2022) – ’Tis the season for holiday giving. Campuses throughout El Paso ISD are collecting a variety of donations to spread holiday cheer this season. Among the holiday-giving opportunities are:
• El Paso High is trying to collect 80 gift cards to Walmart or a local fast food restaurant for students in need.
• Whitaker Elementary School and Irvin High School are partnering with the El Paso Motorcycle Coalition to give toys back to their community. Donations will be collected at both schools through Dec. 8.
• Don Haskins PK-8 is participating in the Braden Aboud Foundation Annual Blanket Drive. Donations are being accepted through Dec. 9.
Eighth graders also are collecting can goods and other non-perishable items for El Pasoans Fighting Hunger as part of their International Baccalaureate project. Items can be left in the front office through Dec. 15.
The school also is seeking donations for students in need of uniforms and warmer clothes. For information, email Sarah James at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Burges High School has a variety of opportunities to spread some holiday cheer through its Holiday Helping Hands program to help the Salvation Army, Guardian Angel Pet Shelter, El Paso Children’s Hospital and Make-A-Wish Foundation. The Burges Holiday Helping Hands collection runs through Dec. 16. Items can be dropped off at the front desk in various collection boxes.
- Moss’s Sleigh Ride, which benefits the Salvation Army, is seeking unwrapped toys, and coloring books/colors for children 4 to 10 years old.
- Warm Paws – Pet Shelter Drive is seeking new bags of pet food and new and gently used blankets/towels/sheets.
- 101 Wishes – Blanket and Cozy Socks Drive is collecting 101 new blankets and pairs of cozy holiday socks to lift the spirits of parents at El Paso Children’s Hospital.
- The Believe in Santa Letters project is collecting letters to Santa. For every letter submitted, Macy’s will donate $2 to the Make-A-Wish Foundation.