School Uniform Policy 2022-2023
Newman Uniform Dress Code Policy for 2022-2023
Hello Newman Parents,
As you prepare for the start of the upcoming school year, please review, our school uniform policy listed below. Students will be required to be in full uniform each day. Uniforms are available for purchase at Rocks T-Shirts, MT Needles and El Milagro. Exceptions for the uniform are as follows:
- One-dollar free dress on Wednesday’s. (Please see attached guidelines)
- Newman spirit shirts on Friday’s with uniform bottoms. (Navy school spirit shirts)
- College shirts on Thursday with uniform bottoms.
Uniform requirements are as follows:
- Polo or T-shirts with short or long sleeves in Navy or Red. Shirts must be tucked in with worn with pants or shorts.
- The Newman logo is required and must be embroidered or screen-printed on all school shirts. School logo sweatshirts and jackets are allowed but are not required.
- Pants must be Navy Blue or Khaki. Knee-length shorts and jumpers are allowed in Navy and Khaki as well. ( Jeans will not be allowed as part of the uniform)
- Shoes must be flat with a rubber sole. All shoes must be closed toed. No sandals, crocs, slides, sandals or flip-flops are allowed.
- Jackets must have a zipper to allow the school uniform to be visible. No pullover hoodies will be allowed. Hoodies or sweatshirts with the school logo in navy or red will be allowed.
- Caps or hats may only be worn outside. No bandanas or stocking caps may be worn at any time.
- Colored and unnatural hairstyles will only be allow for identified school spirit days or Halloween.
- Students may not wear artificial nails at any time.
- Students are encouraged to bring a backpack to carry school supplies and their devices. No rolling backpacks or bags with wheels are allowed.
- No Weapon-like accessories like spiked necklaces, bracelets, chains, or hair-picks will be allowed. Clothing or accessories with obscene topics, language or pictures of weapons will not be allowed.