Virtual Care for Kids
El Paso ISD is excited to announce that your child can receive care from a doctor or provider while at Brown Middle School. By registering to participate, your child will have access to pediatric specialized care through high definition video chat. If the onsite nurse determines that care is needed, he/she will connect to a Virtual Care for Kids doctor or provider for thorough evaluation and treatment. If needed, the provider will send an electronic prescription to the pharmacy of your choice and provide you with a visit report.
When your child is sick or hurt, it can be difficult to quickly access care. Parents/caregivers often need to leave their place of work to pick up the child from school and coordinate an appointment with their primary care physician. This service allows patients to quickly access care while onsite at school. There is little to no cost for a visit.
- TRICARE Prime: Members will pay $0 for use of this service and TRICARE select members only pay $21 per visit.
- All Texas Medicaid Plans: All are accepted and most visits for Medicaid covered patients will cost $0.
- Commercially Insured: VC4K is in-network with most major plans and a telemedicine visit for your child typically costs the same as a normal trip to your child’s pediatrician.
- Uninsured: Urgent Care for Kids will offer charity care for children who are without insurance and who are enrolled in the Free and Reduced Meal Program. All other students without health insurance will be offered a cash pay discount rate of $50 per
How to Register:
- You can register by picking up a registration packet from the front office or by using the following link: www.virtualcarekids.com. Forms can be completed online or turned back in to the front office. Registration will remain open throughout the year.
Please click links below for more information.