Chapin Graduation Update: Please Read
Dear Husky Family:
These are the latest updates that we have as of today concerning graduation:
COMMENCEMENT 2020 PLAN
Chapin will have outdoor ceremonies at Franklin High School stadium. These locations were chosen based on seating and parking capacity.
Chapin’s ceremony is June 18 at 9:00 am. We are stream-lining all programs in the interest of safety. Weather conditions will be hot, even for morning ceremonies. We want to keep each ceremony to no more than one hour.
Mandatory restrictions will be in place. NO EXCEPTIONS
- Each student will be given 2 guest tickets. All guests must have a ticket to enter.
- Social distancing for students and guests will be enforced at all times.
- All ceremonies will be live-streamed.
- Students will be seated on the field with proper social distancing. No admin, staff, etc., on the field. We will need all field space for student seating. Principal will be seated off stage.
- Students will walk across the stage, but no handshaking.
- We will provide a bottle of water for each student at each chair.
- Diploma cases will be on each chair prior to arrival. Students will bring their diploma case as they cross the stage.
- Photos will be taken off-stage.
- All speeches will be pre-recorded to control sound and interest of safety.
- We will rent stage, screen, sound system and chairs. We have a quote from HB Technologies for $45,000. This is the company that provides tech for EPHS every year.
- Project Celebrations are canceled. Graduates will receive a gift bag purchased with these funds.
- No rehearsals for ceremonies.
- PPE will be required for all in attendance. Students will be allowed to remove mask when they cross the stage and have photo taken. Mask must be worn when they return to seats.
- Nursing staff will conduct temperature checks for students and staff Anyone with a fever will be denied entry.
- Staff/adults present will be limited to personnel needed for operational purposes.
- We will stagger the release of students and guests to diminish gatherings.
- Guests may bring in bottled water, but no coolers.
- Stadium seating cushions will be allowed, but no umbrellas.
- Health Services and Police Services will be present at all ceremonies.
- Police Services has a security/safety plan in place
- All field space will be needed for student seating. Some admin may be asked to assist with set-up, ushering, check-in, etc.
- We will not have receiving lines for feeder pattern principals. They may be asked to assist in other roles.
- We can provide two guest tickets for Trustees. Trustees will be seated in the stands with guests, as will other Leadership present.
- Superintendent message has been pre-recorded
- We can produce one video featuring all 7 trustees. Community Engagement can script and record in studio. We will assign script and times to each trustee.
Due to summer weather, we will have a 9 a.m. ceremony and an 8 p.m. ceremony. Here are the proposed new dates:
June 15: CCTA, EPHS @EPHS
June 16: TMECHS, Irvin @Franklin
June 17: Franklin, Coronado @Franklin
June 18: Chapin, Andress @Franklin
June 19: Burges, Austin @Bowie
June 20: Jeff/Silva, Bowie @Bowie
My best to our amazing Class of 2020! Congratulations!