Parents should beware of reports of scams claiming to have EPISD graduation tickets for sale
(EL PASO INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT -- June 9, 2020) — EPISD is aware of potential scams that claim to have tickets for the upcoming high-school graduations for sale and has taken steps to make sure only validated tickets are used to admit guests into the ceremonies scheduled for June 15-20.
EPISD is moving forward with graduation ceremonies but because of the COVID-19 pandemic has implemented several health and safety guidelines. One of those includes limiting the number of guests per graduate to two people who must present a ticket before entering the graduation venue.
High schools this week began distributing tickets to qualified students and were informed of the rules and guidelines they and their guests must follow during the ceremony.
Contraband tickets will not be honored at the graduation sites. Official EPISD graduation tickets have a special watermark that will be checked at the gate.
The limited number of tickets will allow for social distancing at the graduation venues. Having additional tickets will make social distancing difficult or impossible, depending on the size of the graduating class.
All graduation ceremonies will be livestreamed on the EPISD website at www.episd.org/live.
Other guidelines imposed by the district include:
- All attendees, including graduates, must wear facemasks at all times.
- Guests on the stands who are not members of the same household must sit six feet apart from other guests. Seating will be marked and assigned.
- Doors to the stadiums will open two hours before the start of the ceremonies to give people time to comply with the rules and guidelines.
- No noisemakers, confetti, umbrellas or watercoolers are allowed. Guests may bring a bottle of water and stadium seats.
- Guests will be released in staggered times. Instructions on release by sections will be announced over the speakers.
- Graduates and guests are asked not to linger on the premises and to vacate the facility promptly at the end of the ceremony.
The schedule of graduations is as follows:
- Monday, June 15
- CCTA at 9 a.m. and El Paso High at 8 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 16
- Transmountain Early College at 9 a.m. and Irvin at 8 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 17
- Franklin at 9 a.m. and Coronado at 8 p.m.
- Thursday, June 18
- Chapin at 9 a.m. and Andress at 8 p.m.
- Friday, June 19
- Burges at 9 a.m. and Austin at 8 p.m.
- Saturday, June 20
- Jefferson/Silva at 9 a.m. and Bowie at 8 p.m.
Graphic by Gabriela Warren